Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And Then They Came for Me!

Here is an award-winning video on the plight of the Baha'is of Iran. It was put together by Bobby Aazami and became the overall winner of a contest conducted by the external affairs office of the Bahá’ís of the United States.

In light of the video's context, one cannot help but contemplate the following poem by Martin Niemöller (1892–1984):
In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then... they came for me... And by that time there was no one left to speak up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is valuable. Please share your thoughts.